If you’re overwhelmed with what’s happening around you, pause and take a moment to read through this list of the best balance quotes.
We all strive for balance, whether in work, love, self, or life in general. Who wouldn’t, when achieving a balanced life means living a stable and peaceful life?
Unfortunately, it’s not something we can easily attain.
Many people look at balance as something they find and something that would eventually come to them. That’s not true; balance is something you create and build for yourself.
It’s not easy, nor does it come naturally; this is why we’ve gathered some of the most insightful quotes about balance.
Maybe this list will open your eyes to the tips and tricks that’ll help you improve yourself and your life.
Read through to the end and note the best ones you gained insights from!
Continue to the list below.
And don’t forget to check out these meditation quotes and inner peace quotes.
Best Balance Quotes
1. “Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create.” – Jana Kingsford
2. “Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life—learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.” – Robert Fulgham
3. “The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life. Acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.” – Euripides
4. “Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it’s a sense of harmony. It is essential to maintaining quality in life and work.” – Joshua Osenga
5. “Too much of one thing can end up creating stress; this is something that no one needs in their life. But living a life in balance can provide harmony and peace.” – Catherine Pulsifer
6. “Live a life that is well balanced; don’t do things in excess.” – Daniel Smith
7. “Without balance, there’s conflict—a battle between positivity and negativity.” – Brian Benjamin Sotomayor
8. “Balance your thoughts with action. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
9. “You need a balance in life between dealing with what’s going on inside and not being so absorbed in yourself that it takes over.” – Nigella Lawson
10. “Everything in life has to have balance.” – Donna Karan
Famous Balance Quotes
11. “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.” – Carlos Castaneda
12. “We come into this world head first and go out feet first; in between, it is all a matter of balance.” – Paul Boese
13. “Examples of balance can be found everywhere—even in those places where you least expect them.” – Dr. Patrizia Collard
14. “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, and order, and rhythm, and harmony.” – Thomas Merton
15. “Moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance.” – Epicurus
16. “Nature is about balance. All the world comes in pairs—Yin and Yang, right and wrong, men and women. What’s pleasure without pain?” – Angelina Jolie
17. “Achieve balance through the combined conscious states of the heart and mind.” – Steven Redhead
18. “Happiness depends on how you balance your life’s equations between positive and negative experiences and attitudes.” – Kall
19. “When we focus on our blessings, it creates an appreciative heart and adds a strong sense of balance to our lives.” – Senora Roy
20. “Anything that’s too much turns adverse. Shift your traits to their neutrality and they become your power.” – Alyaa Sadek
Also read: Famous Quotes, Positive Quotes
Balance Quotes That Will Teach You About Life
21. “Life is about balance. Be kind, but don’t let people abuse you. Trust, but don’t be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.” – Zig Ziglar
22. “In all aspects of our lives, balance is key. Doing one thing too much can cause upset. Like the old saying goes, ‘Everything in moderation is the secret!’” – Catherine Pulsifer
23. “The critical part of a balance in life is choosing priorities. If you are trying to balance a family and a career, the choices are complex because both are important.” – Byron Pulsifer
24. “My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. The piña and the colada.” – Ellen DeGeneres
25. “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
26. “It takes a balanced life and a firm trust in God to ride the waves of life.” – Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
27. “Most people struggle with life balance simply because they haven’t paid the price to decide what is really important to them.” – Stephen Covey
28. “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.” – Thomas Kinkade
29. “We need to introduce a little balance into your life. Part of this balance means not missing out on some of the marvels of life around you—the fun, some excitement, or other challenges in life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
30. “Getting in balance is not so much about adopting new strategies to change your behaviors, as it is about realigning yourself in all of your thoughts so as to create a balance between what you desire and how you conduct your life on a daily basis.” – Wayne Dyer
Also read: Quotes to Live By, Mindfulness Quotes
Balance Quotes to Motivate You
31. “Balance isn’t something you achieve someday.” – Nick Vujicic
32. “The goal is serenity. Balance. Truly finding peace in your own skin.” – Rachel Brathen
33. “Time and balance are the two most difficult things to have control over, yet they are both the things that we do control.” – Catherine Pulsifer
34. “But you do have choices about how you spend your time. Balancing what you need to do with what you want to do can lead to happiness and success.” – Stephen Hall
35. “We can be sure that the greatest hope for maintaining equilibrium in the face of any situation rests within ourselves.” – Francis J. Braceland
36. “Understand that building self-confidence is all about striking a balance in your life. The right amount of confidence can help a great deal in achieving what you want.” – Angel Graff
37. “Pursuing your goal is in a sense, fired by internal motivation. Hence, you need a source of external motivation to keep things in balance.” – Ben Robinson
38. “Take some time to learn which opinions you need to value and which ones you simply need to stop listening to. Once you find the balance, you are one step closer to finding that confidence that you long for.” – Frankie Robinson
39. “There is no limit to what great and beautiful things the human being can create with the power of a balanced mind that is open to the inspiration of God.” – Paul Odafe
Also read: Motivational Quotes, Inspirational Quotes
Short Balance Quotes for Your Inquisitive Mind
40. “In the end, it’s all a question of balance.” – Rohinton Mistry
41. “Balance—the ultimate goal.” – Ricky Lankford
42. “Next to love, balance is the most important thing.” – John Wooden
43. “What I dream of is an art of balance.” – Henri Matisse
44. “Life is the balance of holding on and letting go.” – Rumi
45. “I see a world on the edge of a blade. Without balance, it will fall.” – Victoria Aveyard
46. “Balance is the perfect state of still water. Let that be our model.” – Confucius
47. “There is no balance—all or nothing.” – David Choe
48. “To lose balance—sometimes, for love—is part of living a balanced life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
49. “Find a balance between head and heart.” – Colleen Hoover
50. “Don’t confuse symmetry with balance.” – Tom Robbins
Also read: Work-Life Balance Quotes, Relax Quotes
Wise Balance Quotes That Will Change Your Perspective
51. “Like with anything in life, find the balance between too much work and being too lazy; between spending too much and being a scrooge; between being gone all the time and being in each other’s way; between talking each other’s ears off and dead silence.” – Christian Olsen
52. “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.” – William Arthur Ward
53. “Our culture doesn’t always promote balance. Instead, we want everything instantly, and we are willing to pay a premium later. We’re impatient.” – Jeff Kooz
54. “Self-esteem is a matter of balance. Too much can tip over into haughtiness, arrogance, and the inability to admit when we have gone wrong.” – Alan Schmidt
55. “In each of us lie good and bad, light and dark, art and pain, choice and regret, cruelty and sacrifice. We’re each of us our own chiaroscuro—our own bit of illusion fighting to emerge into something solid, something real. We’ve got to forgive ourselves that. I must remember to forgive myself. Because there are a lot of grays to work with. No one can live in the light all the time.” – Libba Bray
Also read: Harmony Quotes
Balance Quotes to Read When You Need a Break
56. “A good method of juggling different tasks is to always balance the short and long term tasks.” – Gretchen Pilar
57. “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” – Stephen R. Covey
58. “We have overstretched our personal boundaries and forgotten that true happiness comes from living an authentic life fueled with a sense of purpose and balance.” – Dr. Kathleen Hall
59. “Work, love, and play are the great balance wheels of man’s being.” – Orison Swett Marden
Profound Balance Quotes to Reflect On
60. “Our lives are a mixture of different roles. Most of us are doing the best we can to find whatever the right balance is. For me, that balance is family, work, and service.” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
61. “Justice is balance in human affairs. Balance is wider than justice since it includes justice and more than justice.” – Orlando Jay Smith
62. “So divinely is the world organized that every one of us—in our place and time—is in balance with everything else.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
63. “Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself.” – Jessye Norman
64. “When I am in balance with the vibration of the sun, the moon, the stars, and the planets, I am ultimately connected to the universe.” – Debbie A. Anderson
Balance Quotes That You Will Enjoy
65. “Balance and good fortune can only come to a person who is balanced and feels fortunate.” – Stuart Wilde
66. “Focus on being balanced—success is balance.” – Laila Ali
67. “If you strive only to avoid the darkness or to cling to the light, you cannot live in balance. Try striving to be conscious of all that you are.” – Gary Zukav
68. “Find your balance and stand with it. Find your song and sing it out. Find your cadence and let it appear like a dance. Find the questions that only you know how to ask and the answers that you are content to not know.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
69. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” – Simon Sinek
70. “Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.” – Maxwell Maltz
Balance Quotes That Will Help You Improve as an Individual
71. “Somehow, we’ll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and who we need to be. But for now, we simply have to be satisfied with who we are.” – Brandon Sanderson
72. “A balance of giving and receiving is essential to keeping your energy, mood, and motivation at a consistently high level.” – Doreen Virtue
73. “If you restore balance in your own self, you will be contributing immensely to the healing of the world.” – Deepak Chopra
74. “Through substitute activities, therapy, and hard work, grieving individuals can work through their anger and progress to live more balanced lives.” – Valerie Orr
More Balance Quotes for Work
75. “The more often you decline invitations to spend time with friends or family because you are too busy with either work or other activities, the more you should realize that your life is not in balance.” – Byron Pulsifer
76. “One of the major issues plaguing human potential in the corporate world today is work-life balance. The term itself diminishes our ability to make the case that work can be a richly rewarding part of a person’s life and should in many ways be personal.” – Matthew Kelly
77. “The consistency in your person from home to work is vitally important so that you are in total balance at all times. Being out of balance means that your true self will start to be confused with what you pretend to be.” – Catherine Pulsifer
78. “The workplace today is very demanding, and you really can’t have your life as a working mom the way it was before the baby. So work-life balance for you should be about trade-offs at one time or the other.” – Grace Essen
79. “Work-life balance, work-life effectiveness, personal and professional satisfaction—or whatever you choose to call it—is not an entitlement or benefit. Your company cannot give it to you. You have to create it for yourself.” – Matthew Kelly
80. “There is no such thing as work-life balance. Everything worth fighting for unbalances your life.” – Alain de Botton
How Did This Collection Help You Juggle Everything Life Has Thrown at You?
No matter what stage we are in life, balance is important. As kids, we hear people talk about having a good balance between outdoor play, gadgets, and more. As adults, people can go on and on about achieving a work-life balance.
The sad thing is that balance is hard to achieve, especially if we’re just waiting for it. We must consciously make decisions for ourselves that will set our habits straight. Go out, observe, and look at how certain things affect you.
When you find yourself drowning in one specific activity, maybe it indicates that your life is getting a bit unbalanced. Make sure you spread yourself equally on the things you love and need. Never, under any circumstance, spread yourself too thinly as it will ultimately mess up your life and happiness.
We understand how difficult life—and all the obligations and responsibilities that come with it—can get. So, whenever you feel like you’ve been hit hard by the world, stop and take a moment to breathe and relax. Take out this list of quotes and remember how essential balance is in our lives.
Did you learn anything new through this list? Which quotes are your favorites? We’d love to hear from you, so make sure you leave a comment below!
What is a famous quote about balance? ›
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.What is a quote about stability? ›
There is no stability without solidarity and no solidarity without stability. True stability results when presumed order and presumed disorder are balanced. A truly stable system expects the unexpected, is prepared to be disrupted, waits to be transformed.What is the spiritual quote on balance? ›
“A life out of balance is a person that doesn't believe happiness can be achieved now, or in the future. It is as fleeting as the wind.” “It is an eternal law of our universe that everything shall always return to harmony and equilibrium.What is the quote on order and stability? ›
“A party of order or stability, and a party of progress or reform, are both necessary elements of a healthy state of political life.”Why is balance so important in life? ›
Finding balance in life helps you improve your overall health. When you have balance, you have time to pay attention to your body's needs. You can prioritize things like diet, exercise, and meditation instead of regretting that you never have time to take care of yourself.What is a good balance in life? ›
Balanced living means considering all aspects of your life: relationships, work, fitness and health, and emotional well-being. We all get bogged down with work and family responsibilities from time to time, but making time for yourself is necessary so that you can keep up with all your responsibilities.What is peace and stability? ›
The nuance between “peace and security” and “peace and stability” seems to be that the former refers to national security in the international situation while the latter mainly refers to individual security within a nation, although there is a connection between them.What is the best quote for peace? ›
- “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. ...
- “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” ...
- “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” ...
- “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.”
Stability means that you feel satisfied with what you have. You might want more, but you perceive your current situation to be OK, to be workable, to provide you comfort and satisfaction. It provides fulfillment. Consider the main areas of your life – your work, your relationships, and your current situation.What does balance mean biblically? ›
The most important thing about any Christian is how much God has of him, how much God controls his life, and how much this Book dominates his thinking, living, praying, and service. Balance is being what Scripture teaches, letting the message control our lives and prioritize what we are doing.
Is balance the key to life? ›
Adaptation to the stronger parties is the key to survive, to sustain our balance. From individuals, to companies, to nations, to continents, to the UN, to our earth, we are striving towards balance across all levels. Only through balance we can exist and live as long as we can. Balance is key to our existence.How can I be spiritually balanced? ›
- Release Resistance. ...
- Recognize What You Can Control. ...
- Revitalize in Nature. ...
- Revamp Your Routines. ...
- Renew Through Meditation. ...
- Reconnect to Your Values. ...
- Reignite Your Passion.
The most familiar version of the Golden Rule says, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Moral philosophy has barely taken notice of the golden rule in its own terms despite the rule's prominence in commonsense ethics.Where there is unity there is strength quote? ›
Where there is unity, there is strength. But where there is division there is weakness.What is a famous quote about order and chaos? ›
The inside is peace, freedom, and creation.” “All notions of order are a myth, only order of the universe is chaos. Expand your sight and you'll realize, there is order in every chaos.” “Order is nothing but a friendship with chaos.”What are 5 benefits of balance? ›
- Improves body awareness. Balance exercises give you a feeling that your limbs are positioned solidly in place; this is called proprioception. ...
- Helps with coordination. With this exercise, your entire body works together. ...
- Increases joint stability. ...
- Improves reaction time. ...
- Overall health benefits.
Learn to Prioritize and Make Goals
It is important to understand that living a balanced life doesn't mean cramming up as much as you can in one day. Instead, it is more about identifying the important things in life and evaluating how much time, energy, and effort you must invest in each of them.
- Be reasonable. People have a limit to resources like time, money, and energy. ...
- Find a support system. ...
- Take control and say no. ...
- Make a schedule for rest. ...
- Focus on today.
- Physical fitness – exercise, nutrition & lifestyle.
- Emotional fitness – attitude, language, story.
- Mental Fitness - focus, learning, & growth.
- Spiritual fitness – gratitude, awareness & meditation.
These include social, emotional, environmental, intellectual, spiritual, physical and occupational. Wellness is the pursuit of continued growth and balance within these seven dimensions. It's this journey of integrating one's physical, mental, and spiritual well-being that leads to quality of life.
What are the three 3 aspects in peace making? ›
Peacemaking is thus an active strategy to limit war and violence. Processes include mediation, arbitration, and adjudication.What are the three 3 levels of peace? ›
An individual peace, within the human person. Social peace, relationships between people and social groups. Political peace, ethical values, political infrastructures and accountability of actors and institutions in charge of peace and security. At each level, there is a psychosocial dimension.What are 10 positive quotes? ›
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
Peace means being free from persecution due to one's nationality, immigration status, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, religious beliefs (or lack thereof) or sexual preference. Peace also comes from the comfort in knowing that you have a roof over your head, food to eat and loving family members and friends.What are some strong quotes? ›
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – ...
- “Surprise yourself everyday with your own courage.” – ...
- “Courage is only an accumulation of small steps.” – ...
- “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.” – ...
- “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
Long-Term Stability; Stock Solution Stability; Processed Sample Stability; Auto-sampler Stability.How can I improve my stability in life? ›
- Make stability a top priority. Commit yourself to consistency. ...
- Establish a routine. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. ...
- Limit your alcohol. ...
- Live within your financial means. ...
- Don't overreact. ...
- Find stable friends. ...
- Get help making decisions. ...
- End a bad relationship.
In the literature we have found three basic conceptsof stability, that we call constancy, robustness, and resilience. They are all foundin both the natural and the social sciences.What Scripture talks about balance? ›
A just balance and scales are the Lord's; all the weights in the bag are his work.
a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc. something used to produce equilibrium; counterpoise. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc. a state of bodily equilibrium: He lost his balance and fell down the stairs.
What is symbolic of balance? ›
One of the most easily recognizable symbols of balance in the world is the yin yang symbol. The symbol was born in ancient China to visually represent duality—light and dark, positive and negative. However, it is so much more than there just being two sides to every coin.What are three ways to keep life in balance? ›
- Build healthy self-esteem. Self-esteem is more than just seeing your good qualities. ...
- Receive as well as give. ...
- Create positive parenting and family relationships. ...
- Make friends who count. ...
- Figure out your priorities. ...
- Get involved. ...
- Learn to manage stress effectively. ...
- Cope with changes that affect you.
- Remember God while you work. ...
- Consciously serve as a channel for the Divine. ...
- Be calmly active and actively calm. ...
- Work with concentration and absorption. ...
- Prioritize your daily activities. ...
- Everybody is on the spiritual path.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.What is the meaning of Matthew 7 12? ›
Jesus commands His disciples in every circumstance to treat people the same way we want them to treat us. This is both a distillation of everything He has been teaching throughout His Sermon on the Mount, and a distillation of the Old Covenant delivered through Moses.What are proverbs for unity is strength? ›
Some of these include “Union is Strength”, “United we Stand, Divided we Fall”, “Strength lies in Union”, “Union gives Strength” and “Strength is in Unity”.What is the best quote about togetherness? ›
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. – Martin Luther King, Jr.What is an inspirational quote about togetherness? ›
- "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." ...
- "If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." ...
- "Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up."
- “ May the Force be with you.” - Star Wars, 1977.
- “ There's no place like home.” - The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
- “ I'm the king of the world!” - ...
- “ Carpe diem. ...
- “ Elementary, my dear Watson.” - ...
- “ It's alive! ...
- “ My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. ...
- “ I'll be back.” -
What was the most iconic line of all time? ›
A jury consisting of 1,500 film artists, critics, and historians selected "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn", spoken by Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in the 1939 American Civil War epic Gone with the Wind, as the most memorable American movie quotation of all time.Why is it important to balance chaos and order? ›
A level of order is important for ensuring things get done and life doesn't descend into chaos. But when things become too ordered life can become rigid, inflexible and joyless. It doesn't allow for spontaneity and can lead to stagnation.What is the quote about balance of good and bad? ›
One should see the world, and see himself as a scale with an equal balance of good and evil. When he does one good deed the scale is tipped to the good - he and the world is saved. When he does one evil deed the scale is tipped to the bad - he and the world is destroyed. Each of us has a vision of good and of evil.Who said balance is the key to everything? ›
Quote by Rachel Brathen: “Balance is key. In everything you do.Who said life is about balance? ›
Quote by Ellen DeGeneres: “Life is about balance. The good and the bad.What is a very powerful quote? ›
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr.Is balance the key to success? ›
Balance is important in every aspect of our lives – our health, our relationships, our diet… the list goes on. It's also an essential part of any successful weight loss plan. Your healthy actions need to fit seamlessly into your life and not be an added cause of stress!How do you find the balance of your life quotes? ›
- "Live a life that is well balanced; don't do things in excess." ...
- Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it's a sense of harmony. ...
- Balance isn't something you achieve "someday". ...
- Balancing on a rope requires skill, steady feet, a steady mind and a sense of weight control.
“If you don't live a life in service of a greater good, you've gotta at least die a death in service of a greater good, you know? And I fear that I won't get either a life or a death that means anything.”What are the three principles of balance? ›
There are three main types of balance: symmetrical, asymmetrical, and radial.
What is the power of balance? ›
balance of power, in international relations, the posture and policy of a nation or group of nations protecting itself against another nation or group of nations by matching its power against the power of the other side.What is balance quotes by Einstein? ›
To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein.When you balance your heart and mind quotes? ›
“Achieve balance through the combined conscious states of the heart and mind.” “Don't let your mind drown out your intuitive voice, train your subconscious to be positive by using the heart intelligence.”What is the balance of life quotes Rumi? ›
Rumi is typically referred to as a mystic, a saint, an enlightened man. This motivational quote by him is "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go" reminding us to keep moving forward, keep evolving, and keep improving. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.